Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Bouncin' Bailey

The best $40 ever spent...  Have you ever noticed the cost of a a bounce house?  They aren't cheap.  Most of those cool inflatables that kids go crazy over are upwards of $150.  I've been wanting one for the kids for quite some time but couldn't justify the expense in my head - especially when I didn't know if Bailey would even go in it (she wasn't a participant when we took them to an inflatable extravaganza at Spring Break in Birch Run)

On a very hectic day that involved a tremendous amount of running around with all three kids, I happened to pass by a garage sale in my neighborhood.

There was an inflated bounce house on the lawn.

I pulled up fully expecting it to: a. not be for sale or, b. not be for sale at a price I was willing to pay.  How surprised was I when the man told me he was asking $40 for it.  $40!!!  It was obviously in working condition and the price included the air pump.  Well, of course, I didn't have any money on me and begged him to let me rush home to get it (the sale was only around the corner from our house).  I rushed in to the house like a bat out of hell where Don was hosting the beginnings of Scott's bachelor party only to hear "Kim, I don't have any cash".  I think the crestfallen look on my face prompted one of the guys attending the festivities to open his wallet (Thank you, John Gallagher!!!).

I think she likes it.

Later that day the woman who had been selling the item at her sister's garage sale stopped by to drop off the carrying tote and repair kit.  She just walked right into my house!  But that's a story for another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment