Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

We're having a garage sale July 1st-3rd.  I'd love to be planning and preparing for my NY visit, but this task comes first. It is so, so, so much work and, surprisingly, an emotional roller coaster.  Getting rid of what's left of Frankie's baby clothes (slim pickin's there) and then the other clothes he's more recently outgrown, all the newborn-3mos baby girl clothes, a bunch of clothes from mine and Don's closet --- and the big one... the maternity clothes.  The clothes that have been passed from friend to friend, used in anticipation of many different babies.  It's emotional and bittersweet.  To me, it's the finalization of my 'no more babies' mantra.  While I'm 99.9% sure that 3 is the magic number, a little piece of me feels the heartbreak.  I look at my three kids now and how fast they're growing and wonder (a little bit) if I might want to do it again.  I've had a baby in my home for so long now, how will it be without one?  I know.  Crazy.  And I could always replace clothes if we go down that road again.  But selling them tells me the road is now closed.  Maybe in a few years I'll find the detour sign.

2 comments:

  1. And if you happen to want more...we'll go shopping. :) You know, you can call in the garage sale professionals....we work for cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sell my clothes...I'll pass them on...

    ReplyDelete