Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Garage Sale results

Well, I have to say the garage sale was definitely a success, but it's hard to tell if the effort was worth the payout. It was a LOT of work. I guess I could use exhaustion as the reason for the missing blog posts for nearly the last month. It has been a general theme. However, I think a more viable excuse would be that for the week prior to the sale, we were busy with prep and the week following the sale was dedicated to packing for our 2week NY stint. And of course, blogging from NY was out of the question... state laws.

FZ did a great job handling his first lemonade stand. Here he is setting up his display to bring in the buyers. Quite a little marketer/salesperson. Very few people were able to resist his dimpled smile when he politely asked if they would like to "buy a glass of tasty lemonade". He even went so far as to offer free samples ("like at Sam's Club, Mom") to rake in customers. Our only glitch went something like this:

Aunt Mary: "Ok, Frankie, if your lemonade costs $.25 and someone gives you $1, how much change should they get?"
FZ: "I give them 3 quarters back."
Aunt Mary: "Great! What if they give you $1 and want to buy some of the bottled water that's $.50?"
FZ: "Then I give them 2 quarters back!"

Sounds perfect right? About 2-3 hours into the sale I notice a little girl (maybe 9yrs old) with a glass of lemonade. Here's my convo with Frankie...

Me: "Hey bud, how's business?"
FZ: "Great! See that girl over there? She gave me a $5 bill!!!" *excitedly waving said $5 bill* "That was sooo nice of her, so I just gave her all my quarters for her change."

Hmmm. So we've started working with the money flashcards...
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment